Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He Taught Me Everything I Need To Know


Psalm 71:13-My accusers—make them lose face.
Those out to get me—make them look
Like idiots, while I stretch out, reaching for you,
and daily add praise to praise.
I'll write the book on your righteousness,
talk up your salvation the livelong day,
never run out of good things to write or say.
I come in the power of the Lord God,
I post signs marking his right-of-way.

17-24 You got me when I was an unformed youth,
God, and taught me everything I know.
Now I'm telling the world your wonders;
I'll keep at it until I'm old and gray.

vs 17-24 is my testimony. I was 18 when I decided that I wanted my life to be safe in HIS arms. Initially I turned to the lord for my own selfish reasons. I had a need to be comforted and safe. He came into my heart and there was a turn around, in me. Not much time passed before gratitude motivated me to dedicate my life to HIM. There have certainly been bumps along the way, when I hardened my heart and turned a deaf ear to HIS Word. It reaped pain for me and others. But HE is faithful and just to forgive our sins. As His word promises, He always lovingly welcomed me back.

My 30's were perhaps the toughest years for me. For a short period I rebelled against the lord because I didn't get my way. I was in a great deal of pain, and I just wasn't allowing the Holy Spirit to heal me. I had some unforgiveness that I harbored, and I felt sorry for myself. These things hindered me greatly. Proverbs 21:2 says "People may be right in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their heart." The rebellion didn't last long, in the big scheme, as I look back. But it was enough to teach me some valuable lessons. I must cling to the lord. I MUST!

All along the way there have been those who ridiculed me for the stand I'd made. Some even accused me of not being real, when I stood upon the word of God. Others declared that God would never forgive me. For those who have not determined in their hearts to submit to the lord, there is no understanding of where I stand. I have learned everything I need to know about life from the BIBLE and my experience in applying it to my life.

It has been 40 years now, that the lord has proven to me time, and time again that HIS word is true. He has given us two commandments in the New Testament, that fulfill all the law of the Old Testament. Love God, and love others. He also gives lots of instruction in both the new and old that is conditional. If we do this, He'll do that. For example James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. (place yourselves under God's authority) resist the devil, and he will flee from you." The condition is "resist the devil" the result is "He'll flee from you." Another example is Proverbs 3:6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." These are conditional concepts that work, very much like laws of gravity. Drop something and it WILL fall. Every single time I follow His instruction there is a positive result. It works!

Hebrews 3:15 Remember what it says: "Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they rebelled."


If you want me to get real with you, this is it. God has taught me everything I know. That is REAL! If me speaking what is "real" offends any, the problem is not the Word of God, rather it is in the heart of the hearer. I KNOW His word is true. It works!!! If you ask me my advice, I am very likely to give you scripture. It has gotten me through and it is my entire point of reference.

I will write of the righteousness of God, and I will talk up HIS salvation the livelong day, and never run out of good things to write or say, because I know it is true and it works. I speak what the Word promises me.
(Rom 4:17)" ...and calleth those things which be not as though they were." When I speak I thank God that I am, and you are healed, prosperous and saved. I do it whether I see it manifested yet or not, because it is God's word, which is infallible. That is faith. "The substance of things hoped for the evidence of what is unseen."

When I confess His promises, I am coming into agreement with His Word and releasing it here on earth. I have no desire to come into agreement with the negative reports all around. I know that this may be bothersome to a few. You may even think I am naive and burying my head in the sand. Not so. But I am committed to not confessing circumstances that I see with my limited eyesight. I am going to proclaim what the word of the lord has to say, by choice.

Again, this is the testimony of my life:

17-24 You got me when I was an unformed youth,
God, and taught me everything I know.
Now I'm telling the world your wonders;
I'll keep at it until I'm old and gray.

<3 + Grayce Pedulla Dillon © 2010
See With Eyes of Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment