Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bless the Lord, Oh My Soul



Psalm 103 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Just about every day I quote Psalm 103:1. I command everything within me to bless the lord. I mean everything. I offer myself to HIM and command my body and soul to line up with what His word says. This includes my bones, and muscles, organs, blood, in fact every single cell in my body was created to bless the lord.

To bless the lord is to praise Him, and to have gratitude. He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness. He has created our mortal bodies to function as they were designed to function. Every living cell in me was created to the praise of our father. It blesses HIM when I submit everything within me to HIM, to be used by Him. With the Holy Spirit within us we are enabled to bless Him in every way.

When I offer myself I am renewing my commitment to God in such a way that He would be honored and glorified. I want everything within me to honor and glorify HIM. He is worthy.

Verse 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. (King James Version)
The benefits of offering ourselves, and everything within us to Him are too numerous to enumerate here, but they are specified throughout the scriptures. Verses 3-5 of Psalm 103 lists a few of the benefits.
Psalm 103 (New Living Translation)
If there is anything within me, such as anger, unforgiveness, disease, imbalance, I want the lord to uncover it, and guide me in HIS ways. I want to bless HIM every minute of every day.

Psalm 139:23-24 (New Living Translation) 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Ps. 145:1-2,21 I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.
I echo the cry of King David:
Psalm 103:1 Let all that I am praise the LORD;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the LORD;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

Grayce Pedulla Dillon 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment