Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seek FIRST...

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness
Bible in Basic English
But let your first care be for his kingdom and his righteousness; and all these other things will be given to you in addition.

I am only going to focus on one part of this scripture, today, and that is to SEEK FIRST.

He created us and is well aware of all that we need to sustain the flesh, here in this life. That is not an issue. What I am seeking truth on, and will share what I feel the Holy Spirit has impressed upon my heart is that “seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness” is an ongoing activity.

Okay, so the first thing I did this morning when I awakened from my slumber was to say “Have your way in me, and work through me this day, Lord.” Many of you do the same. That is a good start however, I’m sensing that throughout that same day, the lord desires me to continue to put the Kingdom, and HIS righteousness first. It’s not as if I gave Him my first few moments and now I can proceed to do all that my flesh would want to do, without regard to how I may sow seeds into the Kingdom of God.

Romans 8:5 "Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."

I know I am free to pursue anything. Our Father has given us free will, right from the beginning, in the garden. I am free to put anything I want in first place, top priority. My priority may be to photograph nature, or plan a vacation, or succeed in a career. One may determine to fight for their mortal body, and buff it up to look better than anyone else’s. Many are very disciplined in this area, and there is nothing wrong with it. However heed the admonishment here:
1 Timothy 4:8 for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

If I choose to be a follower of Christ, that has become my top priority and it is what I will seek to accomplish, first, and above all else. Not only the first time slot in my agenda, but that the advancement of the Kingdom becomes foremost in my thoughts and actions.

It is not by works we are saved, it is the grace of God. I am not working for my salvation. I already have that. I am laboring, with co-laborers to bring glory to our God. I've set my mind to seek what the Spirit desires. This is not only profitable for the Kingdom but also for me!

Ex 20:5 I the LORD your God, am a jealous God...” Notice that God is jealous when someone gives to another something that rightly belongs to Him. This is not the same kind of jealousy a person may feel when they desire something another has that they don’t. It may be possessions, or charisma, or a spiritual gift, that a person is jealous of. But Jesus purchased your redemption and you are now are part of the family of God. A citizen of the Kingdom of God. You belong to HIM. If you give yourself to worship anything else, He is jealous. No one can serve two masters. You can not idolize your own flesh, by seeking pleasure and comfort over HIM, and expect to reap anything of true value. You are free to do it. God does not hold you captive. He wants you to love HIM in return, freely. It is a sin (as God points out in this commandment) to worship or serve anything other than God.

So "if we love the world and the things of the world, the love of God is not in us" (I John 2:15). Loving God is putting His will first. There is no greater joy than seeking His will first. He wants what is best for you. The lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God the father making intercession for you. There is no intent for our Father to make us miserable, and to not enjoy the life He has given us. He’s not looking to take away all your fun. He wants you free from the yoke of bondage. The cares and anxieties will weigh you down.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Give all your
worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. Our God has no desire to see you live in need and want, lacking. He cares. He truly, truly cares.

When you make a decision to put HIM first, and call upon HIM to direct you, not for self gain but for HIS purposes, all these things will be added unto you.

(Psalm145:18) says, "The Lord is near unto all them all them that call upon Him." He makes the paths straight for us and guides us, always leading us in the way we should go.

God requires us to seek with all our hearts, while He may be found. First…seek HIM first. 



No comments:

Post a Comment